Thursday, July 22, 2010

Personal Growth Plan: Week 4

“The dream begins with a teacher who believes in you, who tugs and pushes and leads you to the next plateau, sometimes poking you with a sharp stick called "truth." ~Dan Rather

Among my previous reflections, there are some consistent focuses that have emerged. The main driving force is perspective and our responsibility as educators to open our own. At the same time, we have the unique opportunity to impact the lives of others by helping them alter their own. In our classrooms, we choose to perceive students either based off of what we have heard or what we observe. I feel that it is my responsibility as an educator to push the envelope for myself and my colleagues and to continuously modify my own perspective. This will allow me to see all of my students in the best light and to allow my students to see themselves how I see them. With a positive perspective, all things are possible and the significance of this outlook could be something that greatly impacts a student, parent, or peer that we interact with. I will continue to challenge myself to perceive the world in a unique light and to see beyond what people ordinarily see. This is especially why I am interested in assisting children with special needs. To help me achieve my goals, I have established a Personal Plan of Positive Action.

Personal Plan of Positive Action:

1 comment:

  1. You've done an EXCELLENT job here of outlining what you have learned, how it has informed the changes you hope to make, and of providing us with concrete, specific steps for how you will accomplish those changes. This looks very realistic and useful! Nice work!

    P.S. The chart was an especially helpful way to organize the information!

    ReplyDelete